Ferris evolution

plateauman57

Threads
Does ferris still make these? Looking at a used one with 70 hours on it. Can't seem to find them on ferris web site.

plateauman57

Threads
No one has a ferris evolution or knows anything about them? Two for sale near me. One has 70 hrs and the other 30. Makes me curious.

mountaincut

Threads
The Evolution is a discontinued model, I believe. I have heard that they "plan" to bring it back but do not know when. I do have one and while I am fond of the ride there are some inherent problems with this model. I have a 48" deck and the cut is relatively good, but I wish it was better. I switched blades from OEM to mulching blades and it did make an improvement. I probably should make the modifications to a mulching deck, easy enough to install the baffle plate.

Before I bought it I was told by a Ferris Dealer that they were only good on flat surfaces, which I generally have. Traversing a grade, depending on the slope makes me wish it had a lower center of gravity than it does but all in all it is a good machine. Solid and well built. Ferris has a good reputation but now that they are a subsidiary of ? who knows if they will change manufacturing practices to have a better price point which may reduce quality of the product.

Many say that they cut grass. . . . .I say that I manicure weeds. I cut nearly 3 acres at a camp in southeastern WVa. When I am done, the "weeds" look nearly as good as a golf course and that is how I want it to look. Hopefully it drives the neighbors crazy. Several neighbors have their "weeds" cut by a service who uses a John Deere 72" deck and theirs doesn't look any better or worse than my finished product.

If you are interested in buying an Evolution suggest letting you take it for a "test cut" The ride is comfortable and if you already have a lawn tractor, you will love it more than what you already have.