Westwood T1200 - Gearbox/Belt?Electrics

clicon357

Threads
Evening,

Not been on here for a while, well a long time tbh but here goes:

I have been given an "if you can repair it" Westwood T1200 petrol. I have the user manual but want to to check the "gearbox" (transaxle?) oil level. Any pointers how to do this?

Pretty much from day 1 if you put it into reverse the belt comes off. Same if you let your foot off the clutch too quick. Again any pointers appreciated.

Lastly, been starting via the pull cord since I got it but decided to get the leccy start going. Fitted a new B&S starter motor gear kit, all good but no charge getting to the battery. I measuring 28vdc one side of the fuse btw. Seems the 3.51A fuse has blown (a new 4A in it's place temporarily), this feeds the diode and goes out on pin No.7 the pink wire if I'm reading it right. Pin No.7 is broken off in the connector for a start. My boy is going to strip the pcb down replacing all the fuse holders and fuses, LEDs with appropriate new resistors and make good all the joints.

SAM_5768.jpg

Last edited:

clicon357

Threads
Playing with the electrics here and I have the pcb off awaiting repair.

With a digital multimeter, with the engine running & with respect to the ground lead on the battery I am measuring both AC and DC on the red coming in from Alternator 1 at Pin 6:

bs.JPG

On AC I'm measuring 7/8/9V on DC from 10 to 20V depending on where the throttle is set.

Surely it's AC coming off the alternator here?

Thanks