Engine Engine wont start after washing mower

achaltd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I washed the body, under the hood and engine top of my 42 inches cub cadet mower after mowing this morning and it won't crank up thereafter. Any help ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I suspect that you got water some place in an electric connector and if it is cranking may be shorting to ground and killing the spark. If no crank than look at other connections that could be wet and preventing electrical current to the starter solenoid.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should NEVER wash-down a mower , use an air-hose or blower to get the dirt off, then a DAMP rag, be especially sure to keep water off the cutting-deck ( they tend to trap water ) and mowing wet grass is another NO-NO ! ( lawn service companies are stuck into doing it at times but I'd say most avoid it, if at all possible ) and most of those outfits take GOOD care of their money-makers !
I think the MOST important things are to be sure you use super-clean fuel containers, change the filters, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS ..CHECK and change your oil levels ( don't forget the Transaxle(s) once in awhile ! ) RUST NEVER SLEEPS !!