Yard machines drives for a minute then quits.

Combs24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently changed the belts and since then the mower will drive for a few seconds then stops. It has the transmatic where the belt controls speed. This happens in all gears and I have no idea what happened. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you use OEM belts or just generic off the shelf Napa type belts. MTD is picky to the point that they require OEM style belts to work properly.

Combs24

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you use OEM belts or just generic off the shelf Napa type belts. MTD is picky to the point that they require OEM style belts to work properly.
They are oem belts

Rocky J

Threads
I recently changed the belts and since then the mower will drive for a few seconds then stops. It has the transmatic where the belt controls speed. This happens in all gears and I have no idea what happened. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you
There is a belt from the engine to the variator dual pulley then another belt from the variator dual axle pulley to the rear axle pulley. The center divider in the variator move up and down to change the belt ratio for faster and slower, The divider gets gummed up and sticky ,it allows one belt to get loose , I took a pump oil can and squirted Automatic trans fluid up inside between the belts and center shaft of the variator trying for the bushing and center shaft and bumped it with a block of wood and it would be fine till the next year. You would think the ATF would make the belts slip but I never noticed it, but Indiana is flat on the north end.