Were these made by Lawn Boy in the 60s / 70s ???

billrigsby

Forum Newbie
Threads
New here and.........
Wondering if my info is correct, Think Lawn Boy made these before Wards and then MTD bought them?

DSC_0158.jpgDSC_0155.jpg

more pics at
billrigsby-albums-wards-garden-mark-5hp-zyj-79a

Thanks, Bill

JayTee

Threads
So, you made me curious and I Googled it:

From: http://gardentractortalk.com/articl...story-of-montgomery-wards-and-simplicity-r145

"1966 brought more changes to the M/W Garden Tractor lineup. Simplicity built the "Squire 10 Deluxe" Garden Tractor. Quick Manufacturing provided 2 Garden Tractors, the “Garden Mark 10” and the “Garden Mark 8”. Both tractors were based on the Springfield Tractors with grill and sheet metal changes only. Simplicity still offered the Power-Trac 2 wheel tractors thru M/W.

In 1967 Montgomery Wards offered 3 new Garden Tractors, the “Squire 12” with manual lift, Squire 12” with Hydraulic lift, “Squire 10” and the “Squire 8”. These tractors were produced by Gilson Tractor Co.. Gilson also provided Wards with all of their attachments to go along with their tractors. Warde still offered the Simplicity built Power-Trac 2 wheel tractor as well as all the attachments were still available. It's not known if these were leftovers from the Wards stock or if A/C continued to build and supply these.

1968 saw the same Lawn and Garden Tractor equipment available from Wards. M/W did start offering a 7 hp Riding Lawn Tractor which appears to be built by MTD although I haven't been able to back that up for sure."

John