Xw2500 help!

mikeeee372

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 25hp Kohler on my D.C. Xw2500 1999 model. Runs great except bogs down up hill when mowing or flat ground in heavy thick grass. Will cut ok if I go very slow. Replaced all belts plugs fuel filter air filter checked spindles. Runs full speed when blades are not engaged. Is there a carb adjustment that might help? Any ideas greatly appreciated!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
When did this start happening? Or has it always been like this?

mikeeee372

Forum Newbie
Threads
It has actually just kinda been a slow process. Just kind of gradually getting worse.

mikeeee372

Forum Newbie
Threads
I used to could now full speed in any grass with no problems. Now I have to go a lot slower especially if the grass is damp. Before that was not a problem. I guess it has been getting slowly worse over the last couple years. Other than that it runs perfect. I heard it could be starving for gas under load but not sure how or if I can adjust the carb. Actually I haven't even checked for an adjustment but I am this weekend

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
So it sounds like you need to clean the carb. I would use Seafoam on a couple of tanks full of gas. The carbs do not have many adjustments anymore thanks to the EPA.

mikeeee372

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I'll try some sea foam and see if that helps. Thanks I'll let you know the results.

mikeeee372

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok so today I'm mowing and I hear the tone of the exhaust change. Also heard what sounded like some metal pieces in the muffler jingling around. I guess I'm going to need a new muffler. Maybe it's been restricting the exhaust and that's making me lose power?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is possible. I would take it off and have a look.

mikeeee372

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok back again. Over the winter replaced both coils, fuel pump, fuel filter, voltage regulator, both air filters, mine has the old Donaldson style filter and the one on the carb. Changed oil and both filters. Has a lot more throttle than before. Sounds better. Also had the exhaust checked out and it is good. Went to mow today same issue. Under load trying to bog down losing power especially uphill when mowing. Is their a carb adjustment? Maybe it’s getting lean or something under load? Please help. Spindles good. 25hp kohler command. New plugs also. Thanks