Help with mower. Stops moving forward

StangOne50

Threads
Is it possible your release did not shut completely last time you used it to roll it around not running? Maybe if it still does it next time out you can pull it out and let it slam shut, Is the fan in good shape on your hydro unit ? Mine lost a few blades and let the oil get hot making it condensate then foam up and would quit pulling after 15 minutes, but it quit forward and reverse until it cooled for a few minutes. I drained out the oil, put in new and a new fan blade and never had the problem again, The air and water did not compress enough to pull it. If that pulley was slipping there should have been shiny metal dust around that area.

I checked the clutch/brake and its working good, its not sticking any more.
I just took it out for a ride and on flat concrete it runs perfectly fine. But when I took it onto the grass after 10 seconds the wheels stop spinning. I can see the pulley and belt moving. I even tried pushing it and still wouldnt move forward.
The fan seemed ok and I changed the oil not too long ago and it was clean last time I checked.
I have pretty much checked everything I could think of and the only thing left is the transmission.

Anyone know where I can find info on my specific transmission as far as what type of oil/grease it takes and capacity and how I would go about servicing it?

hrdman2luv

Threads
I checked the clutch/brake and its working good, its not sticking any more.
I just took it out for a ride and on flat concrete it runs perfectly fine. But when I took it onto the grass after 10 seconds the wheels stop spinning. I can see the pulley and belt moving. I even tried pushing it and still wouldnt move forward.
The fan seemed ok and I changed the oil not too long ago and it was clean last time I checked.
I have pretty much checked everything I could think of and the only thing left is the transmission.

Anyone know where I can find info on my specific transmission as far as what type of oil/grease it takes and capacity and how I would go about servicing it?

I'm just throwing something against the wall, and hoping it sticks. But when you're driving in the grass, and it stops, put your toes under the brake lever, and pull towards you. Or better yet, if you can reach it, pull it with your hand.
If that doesn't make a difference, then I never posted this. :cool:

StangOne50

Threads
I'm just throwing something against the wall, and hoping it sticks. But when you're driving in the grass, and it stops, put your toes under the brake lever, and pull towards you. Or better yet, if you can reach it, pull it with your hand.
If that doesn't make a difference, then I never posted this. :cool:

I did try that and same thing.
I just pulled the transaxle and replaced the oil for it and also the pump, put everything back together and same thing. Runs fine in reverse.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The tranny will have a few stickers on it with a bar code with the makers name and serial number of the tranny.

StangOne50

Threads
Is it possible your release did not shut completely last time you used it to roll it around not running? Maybe if it still does it next time out you can pull it out and let it slam shut,

Hey turned out this was one of my problems. Had someone look at it and told me that release was not fully springing back into drive position.
Anyway I wired the lever into a fixed drive position but the same thing happened. I cut the grass but the wheels stopped moving at least 10 times.
Its looking like a need a new transaxle and/or a new hydro pump.