Fuel octane and type of 2 - cycle oil

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Developed in the 1930's, patented in the 40's, still sold today, and it still works. I'm sure there are more ingredients than those inside, I'm no chemist. I just know its worked for me for YEARS, and there are still ostriches out there who naysay it instead of trying it. Just put it out there for info. Use it or don't, but don't put it down if you haven't used it.

But by the same token, there are those of us who have done without any sort of additives for YEARS with no adverse effects. If Seafoam, or any of its competitors are necessary for trouble-free operation of equipment, why haven't I had any of the problems these additives claim to prevent? Can you offer an explanation for that?

What problem would I be solving if I started using additives now?

I'm not pointing any of this out to try to convince you to not use your Seafoam. I doubt that it can be done. It's the person who's reading this, asking himself "are additives really necessary" that I'm trying to inform because for every satisfied additive user, there are just as many people who don't use additives and have the exact, same result--no problems.

Kerry

Threads
I never stated that it was NECESSARY to use it. I posted when the subject of additives and ethanol gas came up and stated my experience using Seafoam. You have no need for additives, that's great, saves you money. I, however, had issues and found a PREVENTATIVE cure that works for me. If sharing my experience with Seafoam bothers you so much, I will stop posting about it.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you want to dilute your fuel with benign contaminants, be my guest. Tell all your friends and family.

Just don't call those who have not found a need for the product "ostriches."

unclelee

Threads
If you want to dilute your fuel with benign contaminants, be my guest. Tell all your friends and family.

Just don't call those who have not found a need for the product "ostriches."

This is the bad thing about opinion posts like what oil or mix ratios or additives should I use. Every time a thread like this is generated, someone ends up with their feeling hurt.
There is only one correct answer. FACTORY RECOMMEND.
I bought a new mower about four years back.....Big giant lable on the gas tank that said....IF YOU DO NOT ADD STABILIZER TO YOUR FUEL, YOU HAVE VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY. Past problem or not there is a reason that the manufacturer said this. Therefore a stabilizer is required in ethenol fuel.