Walk behind COMPRESSION TESTER GAUGE

Threads
Hello,

Is it normal for a compression tester gauge to not read anything on the compression? My reading does not read anything. The gauge was borrowed, so ...just wondering. any input would be great

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
it should read something....but they usually have a release button.....and if its stuck open..that could be your problem...........depending on your engine..and condition ....they can read 95-150 psi

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
No idea on your compress gage without knowing more about it. If you can hold the compression back easy with your finger I would say the gage is OK and you have a engine problem. I know my compression gage has a one way check valve in it and sometimes gets dirt or carbon in it and I have to clean it. If this is the case the needle should jump as you turn it over, Also as said before check the release valve is not open. Are you getting a good seal around the plug hole? Is something pluged? Was the gage just banged around in the bottom of a tool box on the back of a lawnmower for the last 10 years and just no more good? I don't know what more could go wrong with a compression, anyone got more ideas. :wink:

Threads
No idea on your compress gage without knowing more about it. If you can hold the compression back easy with your finger I would say the gage is OK and you have a engine problem. I know my compression gage has a one way check valve in it and sometimes gets dirt or carbon in it and I have to clean it. If this is the case the needle should jump as you turn it over, Also as said before check the release valve is not open. Are you getting a good seal around the plug hole? Is something pluged? Was the gage just banged around in the bottom of a tool box on the back of a lawnmower for the last 10 years and just no more good? I don't know what more could go wrong with a compression, anyone got more ideas. :wink:

I definitely can feel compression comes from spark plug port hole, still no reading on gauge of any kind. Probably bad gauge, thanks everyone

d

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is there a Auto Zone parts store around where you live. I have heard you can maybe rent one from them.