New Mower Setup fro, Big Box Store

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should I expect to have to perform any setup adjustments to a new Hustler purchased from Lowe's ??

Do they just uncrate and deliver, or do they have people perform any adjustments?
If they do, how skilled should I expect their personnel to be?

Can I perform adjustments without voiding the warranty?

I pretty much expect to go over the mower myself, especially to inspect bolt tightness throughout.
But, hopefully it will track straight and cut evenly.

kraky

Threads
Checking the deck for being level is a piece of cake just make sure you air up your tires first.
Tire pressure is being equal can also affect tracking.
Oil levels should be a piece of cake also.
Beyond that I'm not sure how broken down they are as they come in the crate I would guess that 95% of it is assembled at the factory?
Hopefully the factory has a way of coordinating the measurements on the linkages for the hydros during assy.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
More than likely you will have to adjust the sticks. You'll have to follow the instructions in the manual, I haven't adjusted them in a few years, don't get very many around here. If the manual is good you shouldn't have much trouble. I would never rely on a BB employee to set up anything right, remember they cut corners where ever possible to save money.

Top98Percent

Threads
They don't do much. They uncrate, attach the seat, attach the levers, attach the fan cover and over inflate the tires. My hour meter was 0.0 when they delivered it.

Best to look over the entire mower. Check fluids, check wire routes, Check deck and belts, etc. Build a relationship with your mower ;-)

I added the mower height label with inches from this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/36513-Hustler-Rapter-sd-54 and also added a pre-filter pn: 11013-7046 to the air filter before 1st use.

The manual lays out what you should check. Then gas-n-go

I did have to add hydro oil after the first use.

Enjoy

Kremeneon

Threads
They don't do much. They uncrate, attach the seat, attach the levers, attach the fan cover and over inflate the tires. My hour meter was 0.0 when they delivered it.

Best to look over the entire mower. Check fluids, check wire routes, Check deck and belts, etc. Build a relationship with your mower ;-)

I added the mower height label with inches from this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/36513-Hustler-Rapter-sd-54 and also added a pre-filter pn: 11013-7046 to the air filter before 1st use.

The manual lays out what you should check. Then gas-n-go

I did have to add hydro oil after the first use.

Enjoy

All this. I ended up adding nearly a quart over a couple mows until the hydros burped out all the factory air.