10 series Briggs BUST.................

Threads
Well one of my 4 engines I am getting ready to put on frames to get rid of is a NO GO as NASA would say.

I had to ABORT the mission at the end of launch. Way at the end of Supper too if you get the drift.............

I should have tagged this engine. It was one for a sump cover, to reuse for another one that the mounting bolts stripped out on. Nothing wrong with this one though.

Well yea it has it's issues now. It is a very clean engine and has a great cylinder. I put the new sump gasket on and PRE LUBED everything. I put the sump cover on and had to use the rubber mallet on it a lil too much. I should have caught that right away. I thought the oil slinger was out of place. I looked twice at that.

Nope I tried to turn the rope a lil bit and NADA. NO turn at all. Now mind you I did not torque nothing down. Like I said i did this 2 times.

Well a bought lesson is a learned lesson. I have not lost money,only a lil time.

I had the WRONG engine I wanted to work on. This one had a bent crank also. I got 2 of of those with a bent crank.

So the MORAL of the story is TAG your engines. Like me and Chops were saying earlier about shafts, you never know whats gonna happen with them. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I found the good engine right there next to the one I picked up. ~!~!~!~!