looking for pictures on how to mount a 48 inch mid mount mower on a 320 jd tractor

kidatv

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / looking for pictures on how to mount a 48 inch mid mount mower on a 320 jd tractor
my dad has a 320 tractor with hydralic lift and the tiller was on the rear,
we removed the rear tiller and now he needs the mower deck installed
and we cant figure out how to hook up the brackets etc
it doesnt make sense and dont have a manual.
any pictures would be helpful, tried searching the net and cant find any decent pics showing the brackets pins hookups

Tenpoint

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / looking for pictures on how to mount a 48 inch mid mount mower on a 320 jd tractor
I can't supply pictures, but drawings from JDparts.com

I had a JD 285 (same as the 320, minus the hydraulic lift)

The mower deck will have two draft links (key 4) that hook to pins on the out side of the frame and secure with hairpin clips

The rods (key 1) attach to holes in the front of the frame (the bends keep them in place) and the clevis end connects to front of the deck with spring loaded "J" pins.

Parts key 12 & 13 and hang from part key 45. Part key 45 is what lifts the deck, it is up between the frame rails. Parts 12 & 13 have long slots that hang on the "D" shaped parts of key 45. You have to turn parts 12 &13 so the slots are horizontal to hang them from part 45 on the "D" shaped part. The bent rod at the bottom of part 12 &13 need to face towards the outside when hung on 45. Theses bent rods go into a bracket on the deck and secure with a hairpin clip. Part 13 is adjustable to level the deck side to side.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 285deckmounts.gif
    285deckmounts.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 285frame.gif
    285frame.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 285linkage45.jpg
    285linkage45.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 13

kidatv

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the explanation, and parts diagram it makes a lot more sense now i will try to mount it tomorrow and let u know thx again

Tenpoint

Forum Newbie
Threads
You're welcome.

I would:

1) hang parts 12 &13 on part 45, then use lift to raise all the way up

2) slide mower in place, then attach draft arms part 4

3) install front rods part 1

4) lower lift and hook parts 12 &13 to the deck, you may have to lift the ceck a little

5) install drive belt

6) check for level side to side (adjust parts 13)

7) level plus 1/8" to 1/4" higher in rear, front to rear. Adjust clevis equally on rods part 1

8) MOW!

kidatv

Forum Newbie
Threads
your advice and parts list worked perfect it all fit with pieces i had!
thanks again buddy!