Engine 2005 MDD Kubota Intermittently Quits

walkerfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
One day it just quit while mowing, like it ran out of gas. Noticed the fuel filter was only half full so put in a new filter and it didn't fill like I thought it should so installed a new electric fuel pump and bled the filter with the bleeder screw and filled the filter. Started it up and it ran fine but quit again after mowing for about 10 minutes. Looked at the fuel filter with the key on and the fuel pump running and noticed small air bubbles in both filters and when looking in the fuel tank notice numerous small air bubbles coming out of the fuel return line. Hmmmm. I'm wondering if I have a pin hole in a hose and the electric fuel pump is sucking air. Also heard of a in the tank fuel hose that had a leak and let air into the fuel line. Think I'll check that first. Ideas?

walkerfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, it took a bit of troubleshooting but I finally found the problem and its now fixed. Turned out to be a crack in the fuel line inside the fuel tank. after all the movement over the years with the screen filter on the bottom end it cracked on the upper end just where it was slipped onto the metal fitting. I cut it off, slipped it back on and thought I was done but the problem came back again. Sure enough the hose was cracked again near the same place. The hose was just too brittle so bought a new length of hose and it works perfectly now.