Cordless hedge trimmer?

helomech

Threads
Got lots of trails to keep clean, on 64 acres, so corded will not work. Wife wants to be able use it to, so thinking of a cordless model, does anyone have any first hand experience. Looking around and I found this one, got great reviews. This one says it will cut 3/4 inch brush which is plenty. Mostly pine branches and yaupon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://www.amazon.com/Zombi-ZHT581...2908987&sr=8-6&keywords=hedge+trimmer+lithium

tkruger

Threads
I do not use one of those but have a cordless string trimmer. Make sure extra batteries are available at a reasonable price. My trimmer came with one and that was about 10 minutes shy of finishing the yard. Had to buy a second battery.

This said I am just using a cheep B&D so a second battery was $10 less than just buying a second tool. The model you are looking at may be different.

helomech

Threads
Thanks, looking for a second battery, but have not found one yet. Another model the battery was 200 bucks and a whole unit was 220 bucks.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
well, I have a greenworks 40V gmax trimmer and it's fine for my typical suburban home. Has rotating blade for vertical trimming w'ever.

I'm sure there's several products that could work for you but, you might consider a Kobalt unit from Lowes - if there's a problem during the warranty period you can walk back into the store to exchange it/deal with it. Probably Craftsman and Home Depot also have policies and parts service that would be easier to deal with than a GW unit.

in the past, I had good luck with refurbished B&D stuff from ebay and I think Amazon too. But the old nicd battery tech was horrible compared to lithium-ion.

helomech

Threads
well, I have a greenworks 40V gmax trimmer and it's fine for my typical suburban home. Has rotating blade for vertical trimming w'ever.

I'm sure there's several products that could work for you but, you might consider a Kobalt unit from Lowes - if there's a problem during the warranty period you can walk back into the store to exchange it/deal with it. Probably Craftsman and Home Depot also have policies and parts service that would be easier to deal with than a GW unit.

in the past, I had good luck with refurbished B&D stuff from ebay and I think Amazon too. But the old nicd battery tech was horrible compared to lithium-ion.

Thanks, I probably have a few miles of trails, but they don't all need done at the same time. Just kept up so that when I drive through I don't get hit by branches. Been doing it with manual shears and that sucks.

helomech

Threads

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
sears, HD, Lowes, B&D, greenworks, Ryobi,etc......many of these come from the same 2-3 factories in china, just different color, plastic bits. switch location

I'd just get one with decent reviews from a local big box, make sure you can take it back if you don't like it.

helomech

Threads
sears, HD, Lowes, B&D, greenworks, Ryobi,etc......many of these come from the same 2-3 factories in china, just different color, plastic bits. switch location

I'd just get one with decent reviews from a local big box, make sure you can take it back if you don't like it.

Thanks, I want a good one. Don't mind spending more up front. Think I will take your advice and buy from lowes so I can return it if needed.