Mower deck belt

Quahog

Forum Newbie
Threads
For two years I have not had a problem with this issue on my HUSQVARNA YTH 22V46 RIDING MOWER. This year every time I disengage the blade the belt comes off. I have measured the belt and it is the right length. This baffles me, with the belt is disengaged there is about 4 inches of slack in front of the mandrel. My belt is 532405143 and is 1/2 X 106.8 inches. What would have happened from last year to this? I had the deck off and things look OK Any suggestions??? I tried a belt that is 92.5 inches and this was too small. HELP NO HELP FROM LOWES.
dmunsell01@comcast.net

zman111666

Threads
Did you check all the little posts and tabs next to the pulleys to see if they bent away from the pulley enough for the belt to slip off? Usually these are flat tabs on the deck, and round thin posts on the engine pulley. I don't have a Husqvarna in the drive right now to look at.
On second thought, 4 inches slack in an awful lot. I would double check the routing of the belt. Sometimes there is a sticker on the deck.

zman111666

Threads
Also, make sure all the points that your deck is suspended from the frame of the tractor are attached properly. Maybe a pin slipped out, letting the deck slide too far forward, adding slack to the belt. Check all adjusting nuts and lock nuts on those hanging brackets.

Quahog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you check all the little posts and tabs next to the pulleys to see if they bent away from the pulley enough for the belt to slip off? Usually these are flat tabs on the deck, and round thin posts on the engine pulley. I don't have a Husqvarna in the drive right now to look at.
On second thought, 4 inches slack in an awful lot. I would double check the routing of the belt. Sometimes there is a sticker on the deck.

I have checked all of the above, I checked the routing several times, even removed the deck and checked routing again. This baffles me, as for two years it was no problem.
I consider myself very handy and over the years have always done my own repairs. I could not see anywhere where things might have come loose. Should I bite the bullet and order another shorter belt? Maybe string a small rope through the path of the pulleys and measure the rope.??

The belt falls off of the mandrel. This is where the slack shows up.

Last edited:

neetan

Threads
For two years I have not had a problem with this issue on my HUSQVARNA YTH 22V46 RIDING MOWER. This year every time I disengage the blade the belt comes off. I have measured the belt and it is the right length. This baffles me, with the belt is disengaged there is about 4 inches of slack in front of the mandrel. My belt is 532405143 and is 1/2 X 106.8 inches. What would have happened from last year to this? I had the deck off and things look OK Any suggestions??? I tried a belt that is 92.5 inches and this was too small. HELP NO HELP FROM LOWES.
dmunsell01@comcast.net

Odd this is what I found

532405143 - Replacement Husqvarna Belt

1/2" X 105.875"

YOUR PRICE:$15.73
List Price:$18.46
Your Savings:$2.73(15%)
Quantity In Stock: 322

at http://www.vbelts4less.com/532405143--Replacement-Husqvarna-Belt_p_28323.html

Plus look into seeing if you can find one 1" shorter at 15 per you will save a lot of hassle.

Good luck