FH580V Leaking Oil

Wendol

Forum Newbie
Threads
When changing oil/filter, I noticed a combination of oil/dust/dirt accumulated around the base of the engine on the side with the oil filter. After cleaning cleaning, and checking it the next morning, it appears to be leaking (about 6 drops of oil) from the oil drain portion of the engine. Not sure if it's the large hex head M20-2.50 that screws into the block or the extended tube that fits into the this hex head adapter. I tried with remove the extension tube with light/moderate force but it wouldn't budge.

Has anyone else experienced a leak in this area........is stripping out the hex head that screws into the block a concern?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Wendol

Forum Newbie
Threads
Quick update......after more internet searches, I located the replacement "valve drain" part #482349 that is a one piece unit, with O ring, that screws into the block.

With that piece located/ordered, I'm now hoping this can be installed without having to slightly lift the motor from the scag frame.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Quick update......after more internet searches, I located the replacement "valve drain" part #482349 that is a one piece unit, with O ring, that screws into the block.

With that piece located/ordered, I'm now hoping this can be installed without having to slightly lift the motor from the scag frame.

Mostly oil drains are tapered threads which makes them very hard to strip ans self sealing.
Finger tight then 1/4 to 1/2 turn