Replacing the transmission drive belt on a LT1045 '08

got

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Replacing the transmission drive belt on a LT1045 '08
i have in the last month replace my drive belt on my LT1045 2008 worked fine but what i noticed after the 2nd time mowing i have a very bad viberation while mower is running with out the blades ingaged. I did not drop the pulley/clutch assm. i did it the tab bending way Now when i start the mower and look under neith the pully clutch assmebly viberates terriable my dad says run it my gut say no what happened what can i check for and yes the clutch is anorchored in to the belt guide bracket it is the whole thing feels and sounds like it is going to fly apart dont want to shap crank shaft, Please Help

bobbys

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have in the last month replace my drive belt on my LT1045 2008 worked fine but what i noticed after the 2nd time mowing i have a very bad viberation while mower is running with out the blades ingaged. I did not drop the pulley/clutch assm. i did it the tab bending way Now when i start the mower and look under neith the pully clutch assmebly viberates terriable my dad says run it my gut say no what happened what can i check for and yes the clutch is anorchored in to the belt guide bracket it is the whole thing feels and sounds like it is going to fly apart dont want to shap crank shaft, Please Help

That is why you dont bend stuff to make a job easier Ive worked on everything from lawn mowers to airplanes and you should never bend a guard out of the way just to make your job easier do it the right way or you will just tear stuff up. looking at it before I came here I was considering raising the engine or pulling the pulley due to those tabs. When you bent the tabs back you more than likely bend the pulley so now your going to have to go back in there and take the pulley off to change it anyway and you did twice the work now because of a shortcut.

BBO

Threads
The PTO connection wires were very difficult to disconnect. I kept working at the connection and it finally came apart.

A U-shaped o-ring or seal pick works well for electrical connectors that are hard to reach.
Here is some examples.
McMaster-Carr

You can get a cheap set maybe from Harbor Freight or other places.
Made mostly to remove and install o-rings but the crooked ends often work well to pry up the locking tabs on electrical connectors.