Toro 220d grounds master vapor lock??

beg8279

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 220d starts sputtering and stalling, intermittently, especially vwhen mowing slopes. It seems almost as if its getting vapor locked.. Even when I get it started again, loss of power...I bleed the system, sometimes it helps, other times it'd just a matter of letting the darn thing sit and sputter for 10 minutes, then its perfect for 2 weeks..then it starts acting up again. Any ideas, guys? Thank in advance

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have this problem too. I was thinking it was my thermostat. I will let you know if it fixes mine.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
220D, that's the diesel version correct? You have the diesel? If so, you said you would bleed it out....were you getting alot of "air" bubbles or foam from the injector line nuts when you did this?

I believe you have a plugged inlet screen on the pump, the other cause could be restriction in the fuel filter housing or dirt that is blocking the supply line.

beg8279

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you wWilly

It ran great for 3 weeks, so I put taking a loo at it, until, today..I couldn't even get it out of the garage. Just like you suggested, it was a plugged filter, inside the fuel pump. Noboy is open on Sundays, so, I just took the filter out, and mowed for 3 hours, w/o a problem.
Many Thanx
Ken

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's awesome because the thermostat did not fix mine. I guess it's cleaning time.