Bush Hog?

RockHound

Threads
I have a friend who mows his yard with a bush hog that is towed by his 4 wheeler. His lawn is huge though so I'm not surprised. It actually looks decent since he does it every week. Would you use a Bush Hog to mow your yard?

Janie

Threads
I've seen people do that but not for their yards. They're usually mowing pasture land or a field. I wouldn't mind doing it though if I had the equipment to do so.

Bessy

Threads
If it means I don't have to do it, I would. Its not practical for my small yard though, I am not sure it would be worth the expense.

rekees

Threads
What you are likely seeing is a "finishing mower". Brush hogs can only make a rough, long cut at best.

Bessy

Threads
We mowed a field today that had been cut by a bush hog and it was by no means pretty. We ran the mower over it again but it left similar things that you would see in a hay field behind.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you are likely seeing is a "finishing mower". Brush hogs can only make a rough, long cut at best.

I agree..
If I am mowing a pasture only once or twice a year... a brush hog will do a fairly good job set around 6" ... any shorter it gets a bit sketchy... definitely not able to approach finish mower cut.

There are several of the self powered tow able finish mowers that do a good job. KennyV