Honest Review of 2015 Raptor sd 54"

chevyred55

Threads
I cut 3.5 acres twice per week. Mower tuned over 250 hrs. today. Some very nice and level, some slight slop, and some ruff and bumpy. No problems at all until 218 hrs. Mower ate up spindle cost $52 (easy repair). 238 hrs. broke the hydro cross brace ate up the hydro belt and two bolts.My friend the machine shop owner beefed up the brace and rewelded it. Monster brace should never brake again cost free (Thanks Steve) hydro belt $21, grade 8 bolts, nuts, and washers to replace all brace bolts $19 ( not an easy repair, but not terrible hard). So all and all i am still pleased with the mower for what they cost. Next mower will probably be a Ferris commerical grade. Happy mowing and hope this helps someone.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the review.
I just pulled the trigger on my Raptor SD 54" purchase...........

BoylermanCT

Threads
Isn't the mower under warranty? It comes with a 300 hour / 3 year warranty. I have read several posts here about Hustler replacing the hydro cross brace for free, and the new one is much beefier.

chevyred55

Threads
Isn't the mower under warranty? It comes with a 300 hour / 3 year warranty. I have read several posts here about Hustler replacing the hydro cross brace for free, and the new one is much beefier.

Came from box store first mistake only had 2 year 200 hr warranty.

BoylermanCT

Threads
Did not know the warranty was shorter from a box store than a dealer! Good to know.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Raptor SD 54" from Lowe's carries 3 year warranty......

BoylermanCT

Threads
That's good to hear. Have you bought the one from Lowes yet? Jump on the deal!