Mower Surges.. Engine or Something else?

Threads
Ok thanks I will leave this to 7394...... Something is definitally putting that engine in a bind. He is better than me on those drive trains.......

rubantin

Threads
One more thing. When I do a turn it stops doing it!?!?

Threads
When you turn it is putting left or right pressure on the rear end. Hence the internals are moving inside causing a bind..

rubantin

Threads
It doesn't stop.. rather it stops doing the pulsating and runs smooth

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry can't be of more help. I just know about that transaxle, since I ended up swapping it out to a Peerless 6 speed. Then later sold the mower.

hrdman2luv

Threads
I'm guessing (on 1/2 cup of coffee so far) that it's the drive belt.

rubantin

Threads
I'm guessing (on 1/2 cup of coffee so far) that it's the drive belt.

Good idea. When I get a chance, I'll put some dressing on it too see if that makes a difference

rubantin

Threads
Good idea. When I get a chance, I'll put some dressing on it too see if that makes a difference

Put some dressing on the Belt and fine-tune the carburetor slightly rich. Motor doesn't surge but the thing still acts like a pulsating bucking bronco

hrdman2luv

Threads
Put some dressing on the Belt and fine-tune the carburetor slightly rich. Motor doesn't surge but the thing still acts like a pulsating bucking bronco

Is your drive belt loose? Is it on correctly?
I just changed a drive belt two days ago, It was only being held on by the guide. Slip on, slip off. But the guide would keep it from falling down all the way to the other deck belt.