STIHL FS 90R Extension Question

primerbulb120

Threads
I keep my guard on too. I know 4 other guys that mow and they laugh at me. My 5-year-old Husqvarna 223 that still runs like new compared to their 3 set of weedeaters (Stihl mostly) that their employees destroy because the run the string way too long and burn them up. I will keep my money thank you.

I use the Husqvarna 525 trimmers, they actually make the 525LST (525LS with a reduction gearbox) specifically for people who remove the guard to run longer line.

Shawn R.

Threads
I have a problem with the speed-feed trimmer head. When I began cutting, the trimmer line would get longer and longer even though I did not bump it against the ground. I took it apart and reinstalled the trimmer line but it still releases line even though it didn't touch the ground. What's the deal? Bad spring? Does it matter if the spring is inverted because I probably put it in upside down?

Also, which is tougher? Husqvarna .095 or Vortex Trimmer Line .095?

Last edited:

Shawn R.

Threads
Disregard everything else. I want to know if the Husqvarna T35 Trimmer Head is compatible with my STIHL Weed Eater FS90R? Can I swap out the threads?

Husqvarna T35 Trimmer Head.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are 5 different bolts in the package. Should fit. I love mine.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't see where the T-35 is a "Speed-Feed" type head ..?? Am I wrong.. ?? and if not, why would anyone want something other than such an EZ to load trimmer head .. ?? .. :confused2:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't see where the T-35 is a "Speed-Feed" type head ..?? Am I wrong.. ?? and if not, why would anyone want something other than such an EZ to load trimmer head .. ?? .. :confused2:

I can put about 18 feet of line on that head of .95.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can put about 18 feet of line on that head of .95.

YEP ! I get about the same amount Chuck ...... LUUUUUVVV my Speed-feed head,best thing since trimmers came out !

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know it's not the same but I have 5 spools already spooled and then change one out in approximately a minute and a half. Takes a total of about 15 minutes to put all the line on the spools. So I'm saying in the long run mine's faster.:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you're going to get the T35 head get the T35x. It has a ball bearing on the bump knob that greatly decreases wear on it. No it's not a speed feed style head. It has a spool that you need to manually load with a side for each string.

Shawn R.

Threads
If you're going to get the T35 head get the T35x. It has a ball bearing on the bump knob that greatly decreases wear on it. No it's not a speed feed style head. It has a spool that you need to manually load with a side for each string.

Well, I'm used to manual reloads, so it doesn't make any difference to me. I'm disappointed in the Echo SpeedFeed Trimmer Head I purchased a while ago. I'm hoping to have a better experience with the T35x. I just want a bump head that actually works.