Spacing spindles with washers?

whitepony04

Threads
D110. One of my blades sits slightly lower than the other, measuring tip to tip in center of deck. Can I use washers between the deck and spindle to correct this? The blades are new and straight.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
D110. One of my blades sits slightly lower than the other, measuring tip to tip in center of deck. Can I use washers between the deck and spindle to correct this? The blades are new and straight.

Did you know that in WW1, when they mounted a rapid fire machine on top of the fuselage so a pilot could shoot down enemy aircraft , at first , they shot themseles out of the air ( machine gun hit THEIR OWN propeller... UNTIL , thy figured out how to make the gun ONLY fire when the blade was horizontal to the fuselage ( fast-bursts albeit) NOW ... do you think your blades will hit each other with your "modification" ...??

whitepony04

Threads
Is there any detriment to using washers to lower the spindle slightly?

TJR345

Threads
Which way is it lower,are you measuring the blade tip on the side or to the front.

whitepony04

Threads
If u point the cutting edges of the blades towards each other at the center of the deck, there is a slight difference (rotatated blades and same discrepancy existed) I took the spindle off and put 4 lock washers between the deck and spindle to lower one of them. They are now very close to being even.

The blades engage and sound fine, just need the grass to grow to see if I improved cut.

TJR345

Threads
Did you hit anything you may have a bent blade.

whitepony04

Threads
The blades are brand new and I haven't hit anything. I replaced the factory mulnch blades with gators. One of the factory blades seemed bent because I was getting different measurements on each side of the blade with the deck leveling tool.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which blades are you using.
The round hole or the star hole.
Some times the star pattern gets a bit too much paint in the hole and does not sit as close on the spindle as it should.
And occasionally if you use an impact gun to do up the bolts the stars can get a bit skewed.
I am a professional & I have done it more than once ( to my eternal shame )
Did you replace the spindle bearings when you did the blades ?
Could be a tight bearing not properly seated