Mower
    Cub Cadet

Cub Cadet model LT-42 Lawn Tractor Does Not Move

I have a Cub Cadet Model LT-42 with only 12 hours of operation. I was cutting grass and the machine stopped moving - forward or reverse. I pushed in and out the hydrostatic rod a few times hoping somehow it will reset itself but the machine still does not move. What can I do next. Thank you in advance.

Mower
    Toro

Re: Cub Cadet model LT-42 Lawn Tractor Does Not Move

Sounds to like your belt either broke or came off one of the pulleys. Pull the deck and take a look.
    This is only my opinion, and many will say it ain't worth a darn, as I'm only a retired grease monkey instructor and not a professional mechanic. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.

Mower
    Cub Cadet

Quote Originally Posted by Rivets View Post
    Sounds to like your belt either broke or came off one of the pulleys. Pull the deck and take a look.
    Thank you very much. You are absolutely correct! I did not notice it at first but when I went out to look again, I saw that the transmission belt did come off of the pulley underneath the engine.
    Do you know of a decent way to put it back ? If you have some references or know of a good youtube video, please let me know. Thanks again.

Mower
    Toro

Don't do videos. Don't know if you have a manual or electric PTO, but the procedure is roughly the same. Set the parking brake. Remove the clutch or stack pulley. Make sure the belt is routed properly around the idler and tranny pulleys. Make sure the belt is in good condition, any cracks or wear replace. Install the belt on the engine pulley and tighten everything down. Release parking brake and double check installation. Not hard, just take your time.
    This is only my opinion, and many will say it ain't worth a darn, as I'm only a retired grease monkey instructor and not a professional mechanic. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.

Mower
    Cub Cadet

Mine is manual. Thank you very much sir! I trully appreciate your time and you sharing of your experience and knowledge.