Mz54S vs Raptor SD

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have seen 1 brief thread in this forum regarding my knowledge quest:
I am comparing :
Husqvarna MZ54S
Hustler Raptor SD 54" vs.

Both at the $4k price point (-10% at Lowe's this weekend)

The Hustler is Kohler powered; the Husqvarna is B&S powered.
Transmissions...Raptor SD ZT-2800; Mz54S ZT-3100
Raptor SD has fabricated deck; Husqvarna's deck is stamped, but reinforced with steel plate.
I believe the Raptor has 20" rear tires; Husqvarna 22"

The Hustler has a 3 year warranty; Husqvarna a 4 year (Lowe's says the warranty is 3 years, but they are incorrect...)

I have posted a similar thread in the Hustler Forum, but those folks are not talking as of yet.
What say y'all in the Husqvarna Forum??

Last edited:

mhavanti

Threads
For the speed, I'd take the 3100 hydros.

For the overall mower, Kohler versus B&D, I'll take the Kohler.

Decks, I'll take the hustler especially the lift mechanism.

Hustler still wins since the only thing going for the MTD brand zero turn is the hydros.

Hustler hands down.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought "Husky" was acceptable slang for Husqvarna, as opposed to Huskee by MTD thru Tractor Supply (not sole by Lowe's...)
I apologize for any confusion this may have caused....

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am surprised and somewhat disheartened at the lack of ANY support for the Husqvarna.
My business sense had been telling me that the MZ was a better value.
Guess I was mistaken.
The decision has been made easy..........

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I love the Husqvarnas but most do not. Stamped decks give a much better cut than fab decks. I have read all the problems with the Raptor line and would not touch them with a 10 foot pole. It is hard to change peoples minds when they do not use reason. I have a 2007 RZ5424 and it has run without any problems at all except what I cause by working it real hard and running into a few thing going too fast. I make money with it. I watch guyes pull up next to a lot I am mowing with a $3000.00 mower and they have $10000.00 to $20000.00 worth of mowers on their trailers. When done my yard looks better and I have no payments and way lower cost of ownership. I laugh all the way to the bank. But most just see the stamped deck and say it must not be a good machine.