Blades keep spinning

hrdman2luv

Threads
I have a Troybilt 12AT609G766, that when I disengaged the deck belt, the blades continue spinning. The belt is loose. So loose, that I can (after shutting it off) can take it off any pulley without much effort. The belt itself, is a little worn, but not too bad, as it cuts great, when it's mowing. The routing is correct. I can't see anything hanging up on the deck levers.
I'm stumped.

One thing out of the ordinary, the pulley brake on the drivers side, rubs the bottom of the pulley.

Any clues? Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm not real sure how to search, other than going through a lot of pages of threads.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a Troybilt 12AT609G766, that when I disengaged the deck belt, the blades continue spinning. The belt is loose. So loose, that I can (after shutting it off) can take it off any pulley without much effort. The belt itself, is a little worn, but not too bad, as it cuts great, when it's mowing. The routing is correct. I can't see anything hanging up on the deck levers.
I'm stumped.

One thing out of the ordinary, the pulley brake on the drivers side, rubs the bottom of the pulley.

Any clues? Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm not real sure how to search, other than going through a lot of pages of threads.

Sounds like you need new brake pads.
We did not get that model down here.
If it has springs that pull the brake pads on they might be broken or stretched.
If the deck raises to engage the brakes then the lift links / pins could have flogged out oval just enough to not put enough pressure on the brakes.
An old belt with a worn cover can get quite sticky when hot as will a plain fan belt.

It is not really a problem.
Blade brakes are a nanny fix for idiots who clean,out discharge chutes with their hands open & their eyes closed

hrdman2luv

Threads
Sounds like you need new brake pads.
We did not get that model down here.
If it has springs that pull the brake pads on they might be broken or stretched.
If the deck raises to engage the brakes then the lift links / pins could have flogged out oval just enough to not put enough pressure on the brakes.
An old belt with a worn cover can get quite sticky when hot as will a plain fan belt.

It is not really a problem.
Blade brakes are a nanny fix for idiots who clean,out discharge chutes with their hands open & their eyes closed

That's what it was. A missing spring. Put on one, and it's all good now. Ready to sell.