Looking for a replacement engine

chops

Threads
Yes a crack in something messes everything up. We had a BRAND NEW woman's hospital in Lafayette La. 6 months later they had to shut it down,,,,,,, Too many CRACKS in the place LMAO......

Ok seriously. You got the coupler off the engine Great.. Leave the other half on the pump.

From the base of the sump/crank cover to the end of the shaft, not the oil seal it is 2 and 5/8 ? I think you mentioned that.

A pic would be a great help here Mon Ami.

Wow that is 12,000 dollars worth of wood you done split.....

Yea the new VA they built 2 years ago is all cracking also.. no joke. Had a veteran buddie from Lafayette got a purple heart in Beirut Lebanon blown off of a D8 high track dozer. I was stationed in Gulfport Miss with him
Ill take a pic tomorrow in daylight but I did it the same as you did in the video.
I'm a cheap one I put central heat on for a month almost $300 bucks I put a wood stove in the bedroom and have a fireplace in the living room. 12 years I been burning wood I first started chopping pallets and using a mall to split then I got to old to keep up and bought the splitter .Hell woods free plus I even get paid to take the wood .Got about 4and half cord cut already but like to have 11-12 in case of a bad winter... Bon ton Roulay

Threads
Ok I broke out another engine which is a 12F802 and I took the blade boss off with my pullers.

It has a a 2 and 5/8 shaft on it. give or take a 1/16 depends on where you stick you tape measure.

I am not trying to make yhis thread long. BS I am trying to get to the bottom of this for you Chops. LOL

Like I said if you have a 2 and 5/8 shaft then buy a mower with the same shaft length. Cheaper than ordering a engine seperate. Some mowers new are 200.00 bux in the late season right now.

Also you will have a new frame for swapping or if yours rusts out you can put your other mower engine on it ...........

chops

Threads
Ok I broke out another engine which is a 12F802 and I took the blade boss off with my pullers.

It has a a 2 and 5/8 shaft on it. give or take a 1/16 depends on where you stick you tape measure.

I am not trying to make yhis thread long. BS I am trying to get to the bottom of this for you Chops. LOL

Like I said if you have a 2 and 5/8 shaft then buy a mower with the same shaft length. Cheaper than ordering a engine seperate. Some mowers new are 200.00 bux in the late season right now.

Also you will have a new frame for swapping or if yours rusts out you can put your other mower engine on it ...........

well that's some good news to hear ill show you a pic with dimensions tomorrow once I figure how to up load it. probably sell the frame ive got a
52'' zero turn and a 3 blade 5 foot deck on the JD IM GONNA CHECK OUT THE MODEL YOU SENT ME .

Threads
I broke out 2 more engines that WERE on Mowers. They are 2 and 5/8 inch shafts also.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are measuring from the bottom of the sump to the end of the crankshaft then you are not measuring correctly. the distance from the bottom of the sump to the mounting ring also has be added to the amount that the crank sticks out of the sump. Horizontals are measures but how much sticks out of the engine, but on vertical you have to include the area below the bolt mounting circle in your length measurement.

So an engine that has 2 5/8 inches of exposed crankshaft could be 3 5/32 from the mounting ring.

Threads
Yes IL engine he is measuring from the sump cover to the end of the shaft. I did do that to reference that back to him.

That way he can find another engine with the same length on a new mower.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
that is the easiest for most people to measure, I was referencing for a new replacement engine that isn't mounted. What is this engine going on anyway. I though a log splitter, but the engine referenced is for a pressure washer. If this is going on either then any engine mounted on a mower, that he purchases will need to have the flywheel replaced because of the heavy flywheel requirement.

An engine with a crank that is too long can always be shortened fairly easily, which is the reason I brought up the engine with the 3 5/32 crank.

chops

Threads
that is the easiest for most people to measure, I was referencing for a new replacement engine that isn't mounted. What is this engine going on anyway. I though a log splitter, but the engine referenced is for a pressure washer. If this is going on either then any engine mounted on a mower, that he purchases will need to have the flywheel replaced because of the heavy flywheel requirement.

An engine with a crank that is too long can always be shortened fairly easily, which is the reason I brought up the engine with the 3 5/32 crank.

This is great information guys this is giving me several options to choose from and also the correct way to measure shaft along with info on flywheels .Hopefully Tractor supply will let me know the original engine that belongs on there or I will have too choose the options that you guys posted. The main thing is these options are all cheaper than a new splitter and I won't have to do my Bubble gum weld on anything .Thanks a Bunch Fellows I reallyt do appreciate it. Respectfully Barry AKA (CHOPS)

chops

Threads
I up-loaded a pic of a measurement I believe if I understood correctly from IL ENGINEIMG_20170813_134929.jpg hopefully this is the correct way it measures about 3-1/4" give or take 1/16" for shaky hands. Looking for approval or constructive criticism both are welcome !

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
3 1/4 plus the 1/16 error factor give you 3 5/16 which is what the crank on the last model i suggested measures.