Looking for a replacement engine

Threads
Please take a pic of how your measuring the shaft. Did you pull the coupler off to measure the shaft. ??

I looked up the replacement shaft and it does show a 1 and 15/16 length.

IL engine is correct on his recommendation. I do have a pressure pump engine and that that shaft is 1 and 7/16.

I also have 2 6.5 hp engines I forgot what they came off of but they are the same 1 and 15/16......

chops

Threads
Chops the specs for the engine model and spec show a 1.44 inch long shaft the same as the recommended replacement engine I listed. If that isn't correct it makes me wonder if the part with the model number has been pulled from another engine.

OH no ive got a CRANKENSTIEN !!! :confused2: I watch these guys on tv go into a junk yard and make submarines and airplanes from scrap metal . Me almost 2years and I cant get this resolved without modifying something. I am getting closer to resolving this issue though come Monday I'm calling Tractor Supply to find out what engine was on there Huskee 22 ton splitter. The Positive note is that I have not purchased an engine and have to return it because it was the wrong one
Thanks for the help Ilengine you guys on this forum are saving me a lot of grief. Funny I purchased a rebuild kit with gaskets and O rings changed out the exhaust valve with an after market one I had to grind down 3-4 thousand to the allowable tolerance ,Reseated the intake valve and changed the piston rings out . It worked fine for a few months .My first engine I ever worked on I was proud as a peacock . Funny thing is all the parts fit right down to the carb with that Model and Type #. I was told I could not purchase the oem exhaust vale because of EPA regulation the reason I went with an aftermarket . I never changed the crank only inspected and cleaned it up.

Threads
My next question was going be........... Did you buy the splitter new ??

I have changed cranks in engines for different reasons. The engine blew and the guy found a good one, but the shaft was a different size. ETC ETC .....

Did you take a pic ??

chops

Threads
My next question was going be........... Did you buy the splitter new ??

I have changed cranks in engines for different reasons. The engine blew and the guy found a good one, but the shaft was a different size. ETC ETC .....

Did you take a pic ??

I got it off craigslist lasted about 6 years funny thing is I brought into the shop this morning and the guy ran the log splitter numbers and it came up with all kohlen engines not a specific one though so I need to call Monday when their open find out exactly what to buy .Just hope I don't have to change couplings or hydro pump to fit OEM ENGINE

Threads
All you need to do is find a engine with that shaft length. The mounting holes are all the same for those 6 to 7 hp engines.

Did you take the coupler off when you measured the shaft ??

chops

Threads
Please take a pic of how your measuring the shaft. Did you pull the coupler off to measure the shaft. ??

I looked up the replacement shaft and it does show a 1 and 15/16 length.

IL engine is correct on his recommendation. I do have a pressure pump engine and that that shaft is 1 and 7/16.

I also have 2 6.5 hp engines I forgot what they came off of but they are the same 1 and 15/16......

I believe I have a CRANKENSTIEN Bourdreaux I bought off of craigslist and assumed it was the engine that came with the splitter .I was never told otherwise I figured I got about 75 full cords of wood 4x4x8 over 6 years so I cant complain thanks for all the help I'm gonna get to the bottom of this on Monday . Just hope I don't need to modify pump

chops

Threads
What is wrong with the engine you have now ?? Is it salvageable ??

yes I have it it would run for 30 seconds and shut down put in new carb .cleaned tank fresh gas new hoses airfilter same thing 30 sec shut down brought to local shop and they think theres a crack in it .suggested getting tested with a special light to check (sorry I forgot what they call that).but figured for a few hundred I could replace it and 2 years later here I am on this forum still trying to replace :laughing:

chops

Threads
All you need to do is find a engine with that shaft length. The mounting holes are all the same for those 6 to 7 hp engines.

Did you take the coupler off when you measured the shaft ??
I was able to take coupler off of shaft side but the other half on the pump is tough as hell the pump is protected and not an easy access to get to

Threads
Yes a crack in something messes everything up. We had a BRAND NEW woman's hospital in Lafayette La. 6 months later they had to shut it down,,,,,,, Too many CRACKS in the place LMAO......

Ok seriously. You got the coupler off the engine Great.. Leave the other half on the pump.

From the base of the sump/crank cover to the end of the shaft, not the oil seal it is 2 and 5/8 ? I think you mentioned that.

A pic would be a great help here Mon Ami.

Wow that is 12,000 dollars worth of wood you done split.....