Looking for a replacement engine

chops

Threads
Hi since my 6,5 hp on my log splitter went down I haven't had much luck looking for a replacement motor with the same shaft length and diameter even looked at new motors I got a Briggs an Stratton Model and Type-125K020132E1 . 1 5/8 long from face of housing and 7/8 OD. PREFABLE WOULD LIKE TO FIND A REPLACEMENT MOTOR. Any help would be appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Briggs recommended replacement engine is a 126m02-1005 engine. What makes your engine unique is the heavy flywheel.

chops

Threads
Re: Thanks iIengine

Thank you for looking into that for me but I screwed up on the shaft length size its 2-5/8 "inches long not the 1-5/8 I posted and looking at the specs on the 126m02-1005 it's gonna be a little over an inch short . I have called the coupler company love joy co in the past to see if anything was available to make up the difference on a Honda motor off of a pressure washer they told me no and that I was at the maximum of sliding the 2 halfs of the coupler on the shaft to try and make up the difference. I Really don't want to have to cut the pump to raise and weld it to accommodate 126m02-1005 between the price of doing both ill be close to the price of a splitter.
There gotta be an engine with the same shaft dimensions hell ill even buy and old one that works.
I appreciate your response Ilengine
Thank You
Respectfully Barry ...AKA (CHOPS) Someone already has the name barry in this group

Threads
A friend of mine put a Greyhound 6.5 HP on his splitter. Same engine as the Predator from HF. Worked well for 5 yrs.

I have the engine here waiting for a sump gasket to come in and replace it.

chops

Threads
Thank you for the reference I'm bringing into the shop tomorrow to make sure I get the right replacement my eyes are not as good as id like them to be.

chops

Threads
Thanks for the video the shaft on the greyhound is about a quarter inch short .I may be able to slide the coupling half's to make up the differance.I measured the shaft the same as you from bottom of oil pan. What I cant understand is Briggs and Stratton is wanting me to replace engine with a shaft about an inch shorter ? What is the correct way to measure the shaft ? Are they doing it wrong or we doing it wrong....lol. I just don't have replacement engine in front of to make sure and hate to pay for one through the mail and it's wrong

Threads
Ok I see now......... You have a vertical shaft engine. I was assuming you had a horizontal. The one in the video is horizontal.

That replacement Lil Engine posted is for a pressure washer, that's why is has the short shaft.

The easiest thing and the cheapest is go and buy a new mower with a 6.25 or 6.50 briggs engine on it. Mowers have the shaft that matches yours.

Pop the engine off the frame and mount it up on your splitter.

chops

Threads
Ok I see now......... You have a vertical shaft engine. I was assuming you had a horizontal. The one in the video is horizontal.

That replacement Lil Engine posted is for a pressure washer, that's why is has the short shaft.

The easiest thing and the cheapest is go and buy a new mower with a 6.25 or 6.50 briggs engine on it. Mowers have the shaft that matches yours.

Pop the engine off the frame and mount it up on your splitter.[/QUOT

Great idea ill check online to see if they have the same specs. First ill go to brigs and Stratton website to see if I can get exact shaft dimensions of my old motor and shaft .Not sure if I'm measuring it right by the oil pan. I did have hydraulic hoses made up and ran off of my tractor ran it for a season until a couple of mechanics at the hydraulic shop told me I was gonna burn up my tractor pump which will cost a lot more than a splitter. THANKS FOR THE INPUT I APPRECIARTE IT.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Chops the specs for the engine model you posted shows a 1.44 inch long shaft the same as the recommended replacement engine I listed. If that isn't correct it makes me wonder if the part with the model number has been pulled from another engine.

Check out a 121S02-2005-F1 engine It shows a 3 5/32 crankshaft. Vertical engines are measures from the mounting bolts to the end of the crank. So the area of the oil pan that sticks below the mounting holes is included in the crankshaft length.

Last edited: