Trying to find if deck will fit

cdestuck

Threads
I have a deere 325 which would have been made between 1995 and 2001. The deck on it is a 48C but is getting a bit rusty. I am looking for a deck for sale and here is the info the seller has listed as far as its fitment. ''Fits x400 series,x575,x585,lx255,lx277,lx279, and GT225. 1999 to 2005.'' The seller is unsure if this will fit my mower. His pic does look like the one I have. I know there are different styles of 48C decks. Is there something like the first couple letters in the serial number that would tell me they are the same? Thanks for any help

TJR345

Threads
I have a deere 325 which would have been made between 1995 and 2001. The deck on it is a 48C but is getting a bit rusty. I am looking for a deck for sale and here is the info the seller has listed as far as its fitment. ''Fits x400 series,x575,x585,lx255,lx277,lx279, and GT225. 1999 to 2005.'' The seller is unsure if this will fit my mower. His pic does look like the one I have. I know there are different styles of 48C decks. Is there something like the first couple letters in the serial number that would tell me they are the same? Thanks for any help

Well I can tell you for sure he doesn't know what he's talking about because the x575,x585 are shaft drive and yours is belt drive,the lx and GT are belt drive also. .If he's not far from you take pics of yours and look at his.

cdestuck

Threads
Well I can tell you for sure he doesn't know what he's talking about because the x575,x585 are shaft drive and yours is belt drive,the lx and GT are belt drive also. .If he's not far from you take pics of yours and look at his.

Thanks for this info. I did take a trip to see the deck today and it sure as heck looked just like mine from my memory and felt surely Deere wouldn't have made two this similar without them being the same. So I took a chance and bought it, took it home and a prefect match. Because Of some logistical deals it was much better to just go buy it and hope my memory was sharp than to travel home to get pics of mine.

Was a great deal, 150 bucks, no rust holes, some paint peeled which I will sand and repaint, spindles all appear to turn smooth. Underneath the thin tin piece that surrounds the blades broke loose from the shell. So from the crappier ones I've seen for sale for like 400 bucks I felt good getting this one.

TJR345

Threads
Glad it worked out for you.I wonder if the tin peice your talking about was the anti blowout kit.