Murray 22" Easy Mulcher 4.0 HP Quatro

JayTee

Threads
The local guy that always has something out for sale has a Murray 22" Easy Mulcher Push Mower with 4.0 HP Quatro Throttle-Free Design. It caught my eye since the deck was painted Lawn Boy Green and am kind of watching for another 2-Cycle LB and saw this. Looks to be 4-Cycle. Is it worth messing with if it runs? Or what might it be worth.

My son is about to build and will need a push mower for trimming what his ZTR can't get. Keeping an eye out for him.

Thanks!

John

JayTee

Threads
Good Evening Primerbulb120!

Was really wanting a 2-cycle, but thought I'd give this some consideration. Wanted to try to do some research before I called him. Don't find a lot about this mower Google Searching. Did find somebody complaining about the Qautro Engine. I'll have to give him a call and find out.

John

JayTee

Threads
HYBRID Murray 22" Easy Mulcher 4.0 HP Quatro - Pictures

So, the reason this caught my eye as I went by, was the green deck. Then I see Murray/Quattro B&S powering it. Did not occur to me that someone may have taken an old 2-cycle engine out of the LB and dropped in a used 4-cycle engine! Silly me.

LBQauttro01.jpgLBQuattro02.jpg

He's asking $65, says it will start on the first pull and 'might take less'.

Those LB decks are bullet-proof. Don't know much about the B&S Quattro.

John

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: HYBRID Murray 22" Easy Mulcher 4.0 HP Quatro - Pictures

So, the reason this caught my eye as I went by, was the green deck. Then I see Murray/Quattro B&S powering it. Did not occur to me that someone may have taken an old 2-cycle engine out of the LB and dropped in a used 4-cycle engine! Silly me.

View attachment 33848View attachment 33849

He's asking $65, says it will start on the first pull and 'might take less'.

Those LB decks are bullet-proof. Don't know much about the B&S Quattro.

John

B&S Quattro is one of the most reliable push mower engines ever made. Reason being, it has no fuel lines and no float/needle valve mechanism to go bad. Its carburetor is part of its gas tank, and it draws the fuel directly from there via an impulse operated fuel pump. Take care of it, and it will run for years.

$65 seems like a bit much to me. Try to get him to go down 10 or 15 dollars.

JayTee

Threads
Thanks Primerbulb120! I may have to go make him an offer. Will follow up and let you know how it goes.

John

JayTee

Threads
So, I delayed too long and the mower was no longer in front of his house. Two different mowers out there now. May be a good thing though . . . The uncle of my son's fiancé has offered him an old Lawn Boy that isn't running and he thinks needs a new carb. Free mower, so we'll have a look at that!

John