Replace motor or get new pusher

Zeroturn

Threads
We've got an older push mower and it's starting to act up. It seems to cut out a lot. My dad said we should replace or rebuild the motor. I don't think it's worth it. We've had it for about 8 years.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless it is a high end mower you should replace the mower. If it is a low end mower the engine may cost more than the mower sells for.

rekees

Threads
Push mowers are disposable. Toss it or trade it in on a new one.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless it is a high end mower you should replace the mower. If it is a low end mower the engine may cost more than the mower sells for.

Absolutely right.... :thumbsup:
KennyV

jet62095

Threads
What kind of motor does it have on it?
I got a 3.5 HP Briggs mower from 1989 or so and it cut out all the time.
The engine would get warm and the diaphragm was messed up so it would choke its self out.
The part cost me $5 and it would cost you an hour's labor if you took it to a shop to do it.
So, about $65 for the repair or $100 + for a new mower. I'd say try to repair it, but that's just my opinion.
Best of luck!
Jet

jeff

Threads
We've got an older push mower and it's starting to act up. It seems to cut out a lot. My dad said we should replace or rebuild the motor. I don't think it's worth it. We've had it for about 8 years.
unless you have the knowledge and ability to do the rebuild yourself, get a new mower. Even then, the cost of parts and machining might exceed the cost of a new mower.