Mower deck HELP! Manual does not give clear instructions on reinstalling deck GT5000 54"

KINGSKIDS2

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / HELP! Manual does not give clear instructions on reinstalling deck GT5000 54"
I have a craftsman GT5000 54" deck. I have the manual, Craftsman 917-276140 mmodel but unfortunately, the manual does not give complete instructions for hanging the deck back on the tractor. I took it off about 3 months ago and took pictures but phone was broken and I could not get pics out of it. The manual shows attaching the front and the back, but not the lift links. NOwhere on the internet does anyone show how to do this. I got the front back on, easy. I know where to attach the rear pin suspension, but the two LIFT LINK arms are hanging there. I cant find any holes for them and hate to sound stupid, but just can't remember where they go. anyone know where to attach these bad boys?

Pumper54

Threads
  • / HELP! Manual does not give clear instructions on reinstalling deck GT5000 54"
Re: HELP! Manual does not give clear instructions on reinstalling deck GT5000 54"

Sometimes the manual tell how to hang the deck in the "Setting up the mower" section in the front of the book. I know two of my mower owners manuals did that.

Put the deck hight lever in the lower setting and see where the lifting arm land on the deck, that give you a idea of where they attach to the deck.

Tom

KINGSKIDS2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: HELP! Manual does not give clear instructions on reinstalling deck GT5000 54"

It says "See Mower and Belt Drive assembly supplemental sheet" which I do not have and can't find on the internet. aughghgh!

KINGSKIDS2

Forum Newbie
Threads

Pumper54

Threads

Reading that page it seems pretty simple to mount the deck. Maybe you are over thinking the whole thing? Have you tried contacting Sears to see if you can get the missing documentation?

Tom

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Bad video but it showes all the connection points.
https://youtu.be/jQMwM9j-VA8