ICD on the S50XT Pro and your thoughts on the Snapper in general

Greenpea

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / ICD on the S50XT Pro and your thoughts on the Snapper in general
Hello everyone, This is my first post here so thank you for any response I get. Long story short I want to buy a 48" zero turn. I have read all I can about the different mowers and everytime I think I can settle on one, I find a slew of opinions that make me think I'm not making the best choice. I started off with Hustler then decided on a Gravely but could find the model I wanted. In the meantime while looking for a Gravely I landed on a Scag Liberty. I was all set to chase one down and stumbled on to the Snapper. The Snapper is sold at a local dealer and the rep really sold me on that mower. He carried on about the ICD deck and I didn't realize the mower was made by Ferris. I have heard nothing but great things about Ferris but they are out of my price range.

I have a 1 Acre lot but I am planning to pick up side work and hopefully turn it into a business eventually. I have heard good and bad things about the ICD deck and I just wonder if that mower would be a smart buy when compared to the Scag. The Snapper has a better transmission ( 3100) although the sticker on the machine says 3400. The engine is a Briggs... I want a Kawasaki.

Both mowers run the same in cost. So sorry to drag this all out but I just want to give details and see what those of you who are familiar with all this think. Can the Snapper hold it's own against the Scag? The Commercial Briggs yeah or nah. ICD is it good or bad. Both are listed as Commercial mowers.

Thank you for any help I receive.

plateauman57

Threads
I just purchased a s50xt with a 48" deck and a kaw fx600 19hp today. I had a 52" scag Turf Tiger but needed a smaller mower. I was back and forth between this and the ferris is600z but settled on the snapper. Haven't mowed with it yet but think I'm going to like it. Will update as soon as I can.

Greenpea

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a s50xt with a 48" deck and a kaw fx600 19hp today. I had a 52" scag Turf Tiger but needed a smaller mower. I was back and forth between this and the ferris is600z but settled on the snapper. Haven't mowed with it yet but think I'm going to like it. Will update as soon as I can.

I would love to hear what you think about that mower. For the money it seams like a great deal. The one I looked at had a Briggs pro but I would much rather have it with the Kawasaki FX like you picked up.