Choke knob missing from BR600 blower

tobsie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today I bought a used blower Stihl BR600 (build in 2010).
Since I have no knowledge of a blower I didn't notice that the choke knob was missing. I noticed it after reading the downloaded manual.
The blower runs fine. I tried it for a 10 minutes, but I think I need to use the choke in the winter period.

Is don't see an easy fix, because the choke metal stick has broken till the carburator.
Anyone has an advice? Or is the only fix a new carburator? And if it is, I see original stihls and imitation (which are 20% of the original price on ebay), does anyone has experience?

attachment.php

Attachments

• stihl_br600.jpg
    stihl_br600.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Today I bought a used blower Stihl BR600 (build in 2010).
Since I have no knowledge of a blower I didn't notice that the choke knob was missing. I noticed it after reading the downloaded manual.
The blower runs fine. I tried it for a 10 minutes, but I think I need to use the choke in the winter period.

Is don't see an easy fix, because the choke metal stick has broken till the carburator.
Anyone has an advice? Or is the only fix a new carburator? And if it is, I see original stihls and imitation (which are 20% of the original price on ebay), does anyone has experience?

attachment.php

The old saying that if something is too cheap to be true, it is applies very much to lawn & garden parts.
Stihl has 2 factories in China.
One makes low end residential tools that you see "on sale" to get you into the Stihl shop. the other makes carburettors.
A lot of what you see cheap on the web are the ones that FAILED quality control testing.

The choke lever should be available from Stihl and is an easy replacement.
If nothing else , the BR600's get bough by commercial users and tend to have a short life.
I have 4 here all worn out so used parts should be also available from non- Stihl repair shops.
Worst case would be to buy the cheap carb & take the choke off it then toss the carb. This might be cheaper than buying a new lever off Stihl