Buying Advice decal set 1622

wolfey01

Threads
Does anyone know where I can get a set of decals for a 1622 Grasshopper? I'm in the process of restoring one and want to repaint (Lichen green and mocha brown) but want to replace the decals. Dealer cant seem to come up with them. Thanks! P.S. I finally found .020 undersize rods for the 16hp Briggs (obsolete) so I have a supplier for them if anyone is interested.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does anyone know where I can get a set of decals for a 1622 Grasshopper? I'm in the process of restoring one and want to repaint (Lichen green and mocha brown) but want to replace the decals. Dealer cant seem to come up with them. Thanks! P.S. I finally found .020 undersize rods for the 16hp Briggs (obsolete) so I have a supplier for them if anyone is interested.

NO GUARANTEE ... try (tewarehouse.com) you will need your mowers model numbers, ..Boobala

wolfey01

Threads
Thanks! But I already checked there but no luck. I also need the parking brake cable for the right side? Left one is OK, Rt one is broken and the previous owner shoved the end in a hole in the frame! Probably the same size cable would work for either side? Cable doesn't show up in schematics, only brake band and clevis which makes me think there is a specially shaped piece on the end of the cable. Thanks!

173abn

Threads
have you tried G.H. ? Also maybe Amazon or E-Bay. I had a friend that needed some for a model plane and he was able to do it w/ his computer.I not tech savy but maybe someone that is can chime in....russ

BWH

Threads
If you can't find any NOS decals you may want to try a local sign printer/door decal company. We have a local one man shop that can duplicate most anything you want and typically the decal materials are superior to the originals. We use them for outdoor use that are in the sun 365 days a year and have found his UV protection seems to have lasted years and are still in great shape. He designs everything on his computer with the sign software and then prints it on a special printer for that purpose. All you should have to do is provide him with a picture of the style and design then give him the dimensions that you have to fit the decal into. The most impressive part of this whole thing is the pricing he is terribly reasonable, we find his pricing to be less that most factory ordered signs.

BWH

Threads
P.S my first Grasshopper was a 1982 1600 Grasshopper, What a machine in those days! Great machine but the jack shafts and sprockets required a lot of maintenance after a few hundred hours. Good luck on the restoration project. Post a picture when you complete it!

wolfey01

Threads
I called GH and got part#s for most of the decals! Also found out the cable I thought was for parking brake, is actually a traction transfer kit that transfers traction to either side as necessary when the mower is on uneven ground, or going up a hill. The tech says it was a rare accessory on the older machines? Thanks for all the help guys, and I will post pictures when I get everything finished. Actually got an offer from a friend of my sons to purchase it when I get done with the engine rebuild!