Too much rain

Usedtorent

Threads
I hate it when my ground gets all soggy from the rain. What can I do about this? Should I get some fill brought in and try to level out the ground? At times I feel like I'm walking in a swamp!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Water needs to be able to drain somewhere... If it is from an unusually heavy rain, you may have to wait for it to finally drain... If it is that you are in a low area, elevating may just work... KennyV

jhwentworth

Threads
I hate it when my ground gets all soggy from the rain. What can I do about this? Should I get some fill brought in and try to level out the ground? At times I feel like I'm walking in a swamp!

Adding fill may be a solution, but maybe improving the site drainage might be a better choice. Figure that a 100'X100' area (10,000 ftイ) will require about 30 10-wheeler loads of fill to raise the surface 1-foot. An acre would require about 135 10-wheeler loads to gain that same foot. How big of an area are you working with? Any idea where the water table is? Is this area considered to be wetlands? If so, you may be limited in what you can do.