Looking for a faster walk behind lawnmower

mfigueroa1112

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello there, a year ago I got this Husqvarna HU 725 AWD, I love the machine, is super powerful but since new found that it was a little slow for the way I walk, I wonder if somebody can tell me if there is something faster or if I can do something to my machine, Thanks.

WyrTwister

Threads
Wait a few years , the mower will speed up ! :)

God bless
Wyr

Finist

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try to lubricate the wheels)

zman111666

Threads
Looking at the diagram at http://www.ereplacementparts.com/hu...-lawn-mower-parts-c-114486_118261_275679.html, you would have to find smaller pulleys to put on the axle shafts, and a slightly shorter drive belt. There doesn't seem to be a practical way to make the engine pulley bigger, as it is a part of a larger adapter. You could also maybe take the engine speed up a tiny bit, but I wouldn't go much above 3,000 RPM.

primerbulb120

Threads
Honda's HRR and HRX series are about as fast as it gets.

Mike88se

Threads
Wait a few years , the mower will speed up ! :)

God bless
Wyr
hehehe

Hello there, a year ago I got this Husqvarna HU 725 AWD, I love the machine, is super powerful but since new found that it was a little slow for the way I walk, I wonder if somebody can tell me if there is something faster or if I can do something to my machine, Thanks.
My Honda HRX and my Toro Timemaster will both go faster than I will. If you'd had it longer than a year I'd suggest adjusting the drive cable but I don't think you've had it long enough to stretch the cable. Maybe it wasn't adjusted properly when the mower was assembled?

primerbulb120

Threads
All of the Husqvarnas I've worked on are slow, as are the Husqvarna-built Craftsmans. They just aren't designed to go as fast as some of the others on the market.

Mike, your TimeMaster is approximately 31.1 percent faster than the Husqvarna in question (as per manufacturer specs.)

WyrTwister

Threads
I have a Poulan & a Craftsman . Both built by Husqvarna .

Last time I cut the front yard , the Poulan wanted to go faster than I did , :-(

That probably has something to do with arthritis . :-(

As I said , as the years go by , they speed up .

Wyr
God bless

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro has some variable speed walk behinds, but I do not know haw fast they can go.
I remember seeing TV commercials for walk behinds that sense how fast you want to go and adjust accordingly,
but I am unsure of the manufacturer....

JBrzoz00

Threads
I have an HRX217 and it's nice and quick.