Repairs Dixon ZTR Ram 50

jnanny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new to working on my mower...I just need to know where to add transmission fluid since the manual says if the mower will start but not move forward, then it might be
Drive Belt or transmission fluid..I checked belt, seemed ok just cant find where to check transmission fluid...Any suggestions would be appreciated..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hello, new to working on my mower...I just need to know where to add transmission fluid since the manual says if the mower will start but not move forward, then it might be
Drive Belt or transmission fluid..I checked belt, seemed ok just cant find where to check transmission fluid...Any suggestions would be appreciated..

A little more information please.
When did this start happening ?
How long have you owned the mower ? if new to you was it delivered on a flat bed with a crane or on a trailer with ramps.

What exactly happens when you move the lap bars, foreward and backward
What do you hear ?
What do you smell?

jnanny

Forum Newbie
Threads
This started happening three days ago. I have had this mower for 6 years, it was used when I got it. Got on mower, mowed fine for about 10 minutes, backed up then went to go forward then nothing.

jnanny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Smelled nothing, making no unusual noise. When trying to move bars they seemed tight.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is going to depend upon which trallies are fitter.
The early modes had an expansion tank to the right side of the engine with a big black cap on the top and two 1" thick hoses going into the bottom.
Latter models were self contained.
On the hydros will be a sticker with the makers name & model number.
Usually you have to look it up on the hydro makers web site.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
By the way, it is not transmission oil. It is 20w 50 motor oil. Do not add transmission oil.