Are there any attachments for trimmers that don't throw grass trimmings every where?

Rob5076

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Are there any attachments for trimmers that don't throw grass trimmings every where?
I have a RC 56 weed trimmer and I haven't tried any blades yet,just string.
Do the blade attachments throw grass trimmings every where like the string does?
If not are there any attachments that can keep grass trimmings from flying everywhere?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Are there any attachments for trimmers that don't throw grass trimmings every where?
Never heard of any, but trimmer line sure beats the hell out of hand-type grass shears.. OR scissors !!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
nope, looks like you are still going to need to rake those clippings away

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Trimm first then if necessary blow them onto the grass so when you mow you will either mulch, catch or just chop them up.

productexpert

Forum Newbie
Threads
I supplied a customer with the PolyCut attachment when it first became available on an FOC basis to get some feed back.

He was delighted with it. Apart from the obvious advantage of not needing to re-thread the trimmer cord he told me that (in his conditions) it laid the grass over rather than scattered it.

Whether you will achieve the same results or not it may be worth considering.

Might I add that your Still dealer should have a wealth of knowledge to assist you.

On a personal level I have been a Stihl dealer for 15 years and in that time I have visited all Still European factories and only last year spent a week as a guest of Stihl USA at Virginia Beach.

The knowledge and enthusiasm they have for their products is incredible (and infectious).

I hope this is of some help.

Bill

P.S. Not being frivolous but the strains of grass in the USA are significantly different from the UK (ours being finer) this may affect results.

Last edited: