Craftsman GT hydra gear sullivan transaxle

denisonr

Forum Newbie
Threads
My work horse died...retired and bought a used Craftsman GT hydro...worked faithfully till all of a sudden while pulling a load.. a sound like fingers on chalk board from rear end...for a while I had reverse but not forward.. pulled trans axle.. and a repair man opened pump and said splines were stripped off the "brake" shaft... have not been able to find a replacement and/or affordable rear axle.. but searching said this axle was used in 39 other craftsman tractors and 8 Husqvarna tractors.. where else can I look for a usable rear axle... found one on ebay for $940 in Connecticut.. and its a $300 dollar tractor.. called hydra gear in Sullivan Illinois and they said it also was a discontinued part...craftsman #163198

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My work horse died...retired and bought a used Craftsman GT hydro...worked faithfully till all of a sudden while pulling a load.. a sound like fingers on chalk board from rear end...for a while I had reverse but not forward.. pulled trans axle.. and a repair man opened pump and said splines were stripped off the "brake" shaft... have not been able to find a replacement and/or affordable rear axle.. but searching said this axle was used in 39 other craftsman tractors and 8 Husqvarna tractors.. where else can I look for a usable rear axle... found one on ebay for $940 in Connecticut.. and its a $300 dollar tractor.. called hydra gear in Sullivan Illinois and they said it also was a discontinued part...craftsman #163198

I don't know if any of these are YOUR model, but check out hydro-gear numbers ,located on the trans itself, not your mowers, this place has different models all the time , you may want to keep an eye on it .

http://www.surpluscenter.com/shop.axd/Search?keywords=transaxles