Am thinking of purchasing a Husqvarna YTH18K46 riding mower

weeddigger

Threads
  • / Am thinking of purchasing a Husqvarna YTH18K46 riding mower
Am thinking of purchasing a Husqvarna YTH18K46 riding mower. My legs and knees are getting a little worn, after using my walk-behind John Deere 14SB with the kawasaki engine (it's about 25 years old) for many years.

I have had tremendous service from the Kawasaki engine on the walk-behind mower and I love that old JD 5 speed transmission (wish some company would make a geared multispeed transmission, not CVT, on riding mowers).

One of the reasons I like the YTH18K46 is because of the Kawasaki twin cyl engine. Another reason is because (as I understand it) it has cruise control. I prefer a cruise control on my one acre yard, rather than having these ole legs needing to keep a pressure on the right foot pedal. And if I understand correctly, the YTH18K46 has a metal case on the transmission (I've seen other brand name mowers with a plastic case on the transmission, mostly CVT).

There are no Husqvarna dealers near me, that have the YTH18K46 in stock, so I have not been able to view the exact product I am seeking.

Am I making a good choice, to order this product? This is expected to be my last mower purchase (because of my age).