BX2230 starting problem

Capp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I'm a new subscriber and have a problem with my Kubota not wanting to start the way it should. It wants to click for a long period of time before it starts. Has anyone on here ever had that problem? And if you have what was wrong.
Thanks ahead of time.
Capp

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very generic question gets generic answer. Battery, ground wire connection to frame, or starter.
With more info from you like engine make and model we may be able to narrow it down a little more. But I would start with what I posted first.

Capp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very generic question gets generic answer. Battery, ground wire connection to frame, or starter.
With more info from you like engine make and model we may be able to narrow it down a little more. But I would start with what I posted first.

It's not the battery or a ground wire. It's a 2005 model, don't know what the engine is. Yesterday it started on the first try, mowed grass for a couple of hours. Shut it off to talk to a neighbor and it started the clicking thing again. I've even taken the starter off and looked at that, but couldn't find anything wrong. I've taken the transmission a part and fixed the problem that I was having, so I'm not a green horn when it comes to the machanical part working on the tractor. I was hoping someone on here has had the same problem and could lead me to what I need to look at first.
Thanks for youu quick answer.
Capp

jp1961

Threads
Hi Capp,

I've never experienced that problem with my BX2230. Generally when it clicks before it starts it's a low battery. The alternator work ok (is the belt tight)? More items to check are any blown fuses and the electrical seat sensors that make a connection when you sit on the seat, I think there are 2.

I have had problems with those seat sensors freezing solid in the winter causing the engine to miss and stall.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe reading you post wrong, are you saying it turns over for a long time before it starts..? does it have a glow plug(s), if so are they working..?

Last edited: