not sure

spott

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I'm new to the site and I have a craftsman zts 6000 26 hrs 52" deck zero turn when I engage the pto in the driveway or in low grass the blades spin freely and strong but when I start moewing and get into taller or thicker grass the blades slow down almost to a stop and you smell the belt burning. I've put on a new belt being that the other one stretched out. any suggestions?

primerbulb120

Threads
Are you sure it's the belt you're smelling? You could have a slipping PTO clutch instead.

spott

Forum Newbie
Threads
not really but I know it will smoke real bad and the belt will be really hot. I noticed that when that happens you look at the moewed section and been that there are 3 blades the two outter blades tend to cut good but the middle blade the grass will still b high. Do you think that the center pully bearing is going out? cause when it starts doing that you can hear a loud grind

primerbulb120

Threads
If you're missing grass in the middle, spindle is probably your issue. Or an idler pulley.

spott

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok thanks I just bought a deck rebuild kit so I'm gonna rebuild it and see what happens thanks!