Repairs Lazer Z Shop/Maintenance Manual

Caleb Hummell

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've searched high and low for something other than the owner's manual that came with my 2014 60" Lazer Z with Kawasaki engine, but no joy. Can anyone point me in that direction or provide a link? I've talked with Exmark and they said all they have is a parts manual. Even during the call the Exmark rep said the dealers have service manuals that cover major repairs/replacements, but he said Exmark didn't provide anything but the parts manual. That just doesn't pass the smell test: if the dealer has a service manual of some sort, how can I get a copy?

I've never used my servicing dealer for service because they seem to be idiots who don't know what they're doing. I've used a trusted independent guy, but he's 30 miles away and I don't want to pay the expensive charge to have the mower picked up and delivered if I can do some of this work myself.

I've bought a hydro oil change "kit" from the dealer, which includes two Exmark hydro filters and a gallon of Exmark hydro oil. Mower has about 230 hours on it, so it's coming up on its first 250-hour change. I'd like to know how much hydro oil to put in each reservoir as a start. The dealer said to start with about 1.5 quarts, go through the cycling process, and add more as needed. Okay, but where is that information written down? Where is the reservoir capacity written down?

Thanks. ~Caleb

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Exmark like lots of other companies protect their dealers and do not allow the general public to have service manuals. Unless you just get lucky to find one posted on the web and get it down loaded before they have it taken down you will not get one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The kawasaki manual is available from here

http://www.mymowerparts.com/about_us.php

The Transmission manual, if there is one will be found on the transmission makers web site.
he rest you should be able to nut out from a parts book & owners manual.

Caleb Hummell

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies. That's about what I figured regarding shop manual availability. The difference in the lack of detail in my Lazer Z manual, and manuals from other lawn tractors I've had (Cub, Sears--AYP stuff), is that the Lazer is a commercial mower for a commercial user, and the other manuals were for homeowners. How to change belts, for example, isn't mentioned in my owner's manual at all, unlike the homeowner mowers I've had. I know how to do it, but the fact that it's not even mentioned seems a glaring omission.

Part of my frustration with Exmark is that they're selling into the McMansion homeowner market more and more, and you'd think they'd work to keep repeat customers and get high recommendations from current homeowners for their product line. But, then, that's just me.