Ratteling noise coming from my deck

Ahalachis

Threads
I know this is off topic but I am trying to figure out if the blades that came on my mower are considered high lift. Their part number is 03253800. One of the reasons I ask is that I switched over to Gator G6 blades after my first two cuts with the stock blades and notested a few things

Stock blades - the cut was very clean and smooth. But the clippings I felt could have been a little smaller but were livable.

Gator G6 - the cut was clean but maybe not as clean as with the stock blades and the clippings were much smaller. However it seems like after mowing, the grass seemed to be "bent over" not standing up as straight as with the stock blades making the cut not look as clean.
One thing to note is that these blades when new seemed to have a coating over the cutting edge making them appear to not be as sharp as expected. I assumed that would were off after a few passes.

So I think I want to try high lift blades assuming the stock blades are not high lift.

Also I read on this fourm that G6 blades may be too heavy for "residential" mowers and could cause the spindles to pre maturely fail? And that they should only be used on mowers who's blade speed is over 18k?
Any truth to this? With the ZT HD having many heavy duty components is this something I should be concerned with?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The part mumber you gave is for standard lift blades. The part about the blades being used on residential mowers is incorrect. I have been using the G6 blades for five years and not had to replace a single bearing. I mow commercially and put a lot of hours on my machine.

Ahalachis

Threads
The part mumber you gave is for standard lift blades. The part about the blades being used on residential mowers is incorrect. I have been using the G6 blades for five years and not had to replace a single bearing. I mow commercially and put a lot of hours on my machine.

Yea. It didn't seem right to me. I did some testing on my own and found that when engaging the PTO with the G6's on it seemed like everything had to work harder to get the blades up to speed. I switched over to the stock blades and there was much less lag when engaging the PTO.

I bought a set of G5's which are the same dimensions/weight as stock blades but have all the features of the G6's.
I will give them a try next week.

Ahalachis

Threads
As far as the ratteling noise goes I did some testing and it is the belt tensioner spring hitting the deck cover plate on the left hand side.

I am going to get some plasti spray and see if that helps the noise.

wmixon

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello,i have a 2017 ztxd 52 one old, the first time i engaged the pto it had the rattling noise. today i cut my yard and the noise is rather loud and i feel a vibration i think its the left side .i removed cover over spring no change still noise and vibration ,any one found a fix for this .

thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
hello,i have a 2017 ztxd 52 one old, the first time i engaged the pto it had the rattling noise. today i cut my yard and the noise is rather loud and i feel a vibration i think its the left side .i removed cover over spring no change still noise and vibration ,any one found a fix for this .

thanks

Your problem is not the same as the origional post. Not only that you should not hyjack someone eles post. Please create you own.

wmixon

Forum Newbie
Threads
sorry i am new , no hijack intended just need some help.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Then start your own thread and explain your problem. Include your model number.

gravelyzthd52

Threads
As far as the ratteling noise goes I did some testing and it is the belt tensioner spring hitting the deck cover plate on the left hand side.

I am going to get some plasti spray and see if that helps the noise.

Hello, I have a brand new Gravely ZT HD 52” and I’m having the same exact issue. Rattling coming from left side of deck seems to be the spring. Doesn’t happen 100% of the time while mowing but enough and loud enough to be annoying. Did you end up finding a fix for this? I took a video of mine yesterday and I’m going to send it to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Love the mower and the cut quality. Would just like to mow in peace without this rattling noise!