1974 Speedex

Bill Richards

Forum Newbie
Threads
New carb., runs normal for 15 min. Then stops, got gas got spark, but won't start. Come back in 10 minutes and it fires right up and runs for another 15 to 20 minutes and stops. Any ideas??

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!
I'm going to move your thread over to our mower and equipment operation section to see if we can find you some insight into that.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
What engine does it have in it? Model number please

Bill Richards

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok so which of the probably 3000 engines they built would that be. Really need the model number not the name.

Tag is unreadable, numbers stamped in fly wheel cover are 234434 0652-01 7404251

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This stinks briggs says model number not found.

Bill Richards

Forum Newbie
Threads
This stinks briggs says model number not found.

Thanks, butI don't know what other info. I can give you. It's the original engine as I bought this tractor in 1974 and use it all summer for my rough mowing. Did valve job and new head gasket 5 years ago. Carb. Was acting up this summer and was going to rebuild but found new carb. On EBay for $34 so bought it. Installed and started right up. It was leaking through weep hole so tighten up high speed seat and stopped that but the running for 20 min. and stopping continued. As sound as it stops, check spark and was good. Leave it set for 10 min. And it's good for another short mow!!!!!