Lawnboy Z320H Wont Turn Off With Key

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Lawn Boy Precision Z320H zero turn mower. Bought as project. Needed a starter. Replaced starter and fired right up after sitting for years. Didn't even smoke!

Anyway, it wont shut off with the key. Is it a bad ignition switch?

And its hard to believe it only takes 1.16 quarts of oil without a filter, according to the manual.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes could well be, check it and also the ground wire from the switch and the wire from the coil.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I sprayed some WD40 in the key hole and that fixed it. But I do have another issue. When its running, the throttle cable moves to mid idle range on its own. And I have to hold the lever up for it to stay in the high position, otherwise it returns to mid range. Doesn't do this when its not running. Any thoughts?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is a generic answer as I have never worked on or even knew Lawnboy had a Zero Turn. Take the throttle out and it should have a screw you can tighten down to get it to stop walking on you.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
This is a generic answer as I have never worked on or even knew Lawnboy had a Zero Turn. Take the throttle out and it should have a screw you can tighten down to get it to stop walking on you.

Why am I not getting post notifications now?

The screw is on the lever itself? I'll take a look. Thanks!

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 00y0y_bTKF2OXtPsf_600x450.jpg
    00y0y_bTKF2OXtPsf_600x450.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 5

JonnyBlaze

Threads
There isnt a screw anywhere on the throttle cable or lever.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have rivets that hold it together? If you do then drill one out that should tighten it up and replace with a bolt and locking nut.
Your replacement cable comes with a screw.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Do you have rivets that hold it together? If you do then drill one out that should tighten it up and replace with a bolt and locking nut.
Your replacement cable comes with a screw.
I didn't see any rivets either. Maybe I should just order a new cable if that's what you think it is...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is the only thing it can be.With the cable removed the carb moves by hand with the slightest touch. What makes it stay in place is the throttle cable.