Lawn Boy 6300

apwillard1986

Threads
I posted about possibly acquiring this mower a few weeks ago and got some useful feedback that was much appreciated.

I have since finished my refresh of it. I won't call it a restoration as there are guys out there who really restore these and I am stopping short of chrome plateing and powder coating. My goal was a nice usable machine.

It is a 1981 6300. I went through the engine and found it to be in good shape. No scoring or appreciable wear except the rings. Since everything specd out I just did a very light hone and installed new rings and bearings and buttoned it back up. With the new rings it's making a little north of 110psi cold. I'm happy with that. The rest was a few new parts and a lot of painting, polishing, and buffing. I fixed the damaged shroud with some JB Weld and some mending plates. Some sanding, blending, paint, and new decals and it fixed right up.

This was a really fun little project. I have fixed up a few older Honda mowers and I love them but I have always wanted to mess with a 2-stroke Lawn Boy. When this one found me through a buddy at work I couldn't resist.

[img:center] [/img]

2smoked

Threads
Very nice!
I just love how those F motors look when they are naked. They are a picture of mechanical simplicity and elegance. I hope that doesn't sound weird.

unclelee

Threads
Looking good....and since your just right here in Texas, it shouldn't take me too long to come pick it up?

apwillard1986

Threads
Very nice!
I just love how those F motors look when they are naked. They are a picture of mechanical simplicity and elegance. I hope that doesn't sound weird.

Not weird at all. I was truly impressed at the simplicity of the engine.

Looking good....and since your just right here in Texas, it shouldn't take me too long to come pick it up

Thanks! I think it's going to stay in the fleet for a few decades...