mag-12008 lawn mower blade cleaner

bigdave4435

Forum Newbie
Threads
good morning all! I am a new member and I would like to know if anyone has this blade cleaner that I am thinking about purchasing, and how they like it. I have been sharping mower blades for 10 years now and it is getting harder for me to use my wire wheel grinder to clean up blades! I am 61 years old and live in upstate NY in the finger lakes region. Thanks for your time, Dave Harris

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No and would never buy it. Just wire wheel it. If you can run a sharpener you can run a wire wheel.

In my opinion this sounds like advertisement.

bigdave4435

Forum Newbie
Threads
No and would never buy it. Just wire wheel it. If you can run a sharpener you can run a wire wheel.

In my opinion this sounds like advertisement.

Advertisement for what? All I asked if anyone has used on and how they work! your opinion sounds a we bit wacked to me pro!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No pro here. Just seems strange you can run a sharpener and not a wire wheel. Besides I rarely ever "clean" my blades and I sharpen every day after mowing. Does not need cleaning. But maybe I am wrong. I have been before and I am sure i will be again.
Forgot to replay to this. The advertisement would be for mag-12008

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Dave. :welcome:

It looks like you already found our poll on blade sharpeners. That might be the best place to start.

BWH

Threads
good morning all! I am a new member and I would like to know if anyone has this blade cleaner that I am thinking about purchasing, and how they like it. I have been sharping mower blades for 10 years now and it is getting harder for me to use my wire wheel grinder to clean up blades! I am 61 years old and live in upstate NY in the finger lakes region. Thanks for your time, Dave Harris

You can see the operation of the Magna-Matic Blade cleaner on YouTube by searching Magna-Matic blade cleaner. It is a very good demonstration of the capabilities of the machine I have toyed around with the idea of purchasing one but at this point I just don't sharpen enough blades. When I retire I plan on advertising and taking on more blades, maybe then it would make sense at that point. My customers which are mainly homeowners just would not be satisfied if their blades weren't clean when I return them, and they are paying me well for the sharpening.

If you purchase one let us know how it works!

Pumper54

Threads
$1200.00 is a whole lot of money to be spending to clean mower blades. I watched the companies video and for the effort it took I think you can do just as well with a wire wheel mounted to a fixed base or on a hand drill. I think you wold have to be cleaning and sharping a WHOLE lot of blades to justify the cost of that machine on top of it being wired for 220 volts single phase power,

https://www.magna-matic-direct.com/MAG-12008-Lawn-Mower-Blade-Cleaner-p/mag-12008.htm

Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Advertisement for what? All I asked if anyone has used on and how they work! your opinion sounds a we bit wacked to me pro!

HEY JERK ! you ask for help ,get a reply and then "spit in the guys face" why don't you go ask your A-HOLE questions on FaceBook !! We get enough bullschitt without jerks like you!! ..:mad:

bigdave4435

Forum Newbie
Threads
HEY JERK ! you ask for help ,get a reply and then "spit in the guys face" why don't you go ask your A-HOLE questions on FaceBook !! We get enough bullschitt without jerks like you!! ..:mad:

Too begin with fool, I asked a simple question and got accused for advertising for a product!!!!! reading and understanding the written word must be strange to you!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When I was 5 my dad showed me a Yankee screwdriver.
This was the Stanley type with the diamond shaped groves in the shank.
Why is this Yankey I asked as he turned it 3 times to start the thread
This he replied as he smacked the end with a large flat mallet and drove the screw in.
Now this little do dah is just another Yankee screwdriver to my point of view.
It is creating more problems than it actually solves.
The absolute last thing you want in a blade is a shiny metal surface, even if it has been worked with a wire brush as it will start to rust while you are looking at it.
Further more for metallurgical reasons it will start to rust in the highly stressed areas where rust will be the most destructive.
If your blades are getting a heavy build up of debris on them then there is something drastically wrong with your set up being that blades usually die from erosion at the bend of the flute ( again a high stress area )
So unless you passivate them after the cleaning then follow up with painting you will be getting erosion on the top and rust on the bottom

So some very expensive snake oil in my opinion